Friday, July 5, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays, Material Girl

I am sure that you will now have Madonna's Material Girl stuck in your head after reading the title of this post.  Well, today's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a clean and simple project using fabric.



Our sponsor this week is Ellen Hutson. The winner of this week's challenge will earn a $25 gift certificate.


For my card, I used some left over fabric from a mini fabric album I made my mother-in-law a couple of years ago. I need to be better at tossing stuff, but I had a rather large piece of fabric left. Since I put in the effort to back it with some heavy craft fusable webbing, I decided to keep it. I ran it through my Cuttlebug using my PTI double ended banner die. To attach it to the cardfront, I used my ATG. The green graph washi tape is from DeNami Design, the sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays Bold Wishes and the sequins are from Michaels. To make the gold glitter brackets, I used my PTI Block Alphabet die on some coasterboard. I applied the glitter using a 2-way glue pen. After it was dry, I added some Glossy Accents.



Well, that is all for me today. I hope all of my American friends had a fun and relaxing July 4th. We had some family and friends over and hit up the swimming pool. We were able to avoid the rain and enjoy some fireworks in the evening.

This challenge you have until noon on Thursday to link up and play along. I can't wait to see what you create!

7 comments:

  1. Deb, this is so fresh and clean, wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPERB, Deb! I love how you make the materials work!! You've sure got materials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have the Material Girl song stuck in my head! LOL Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I love the material you chose, the colors and the clean simplicity of it. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of washi tape and leftover fabric. Really like how the green sequins bring out the green in the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Clean and SImple card- Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really digging your layout and color combo. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!