Friday, July 12, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays, Polka Dots

Happy Friday friends! I hope you had a good week. Today I am popping in to share a card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge. This week, you are to create a clean and simple project that showcases polka dots.
 
 
The sponsor this week is SimonSaysStamp. The winner of this week's challenge will win a $25 gift certificate.
 
First, I must say that this challenge brings back some wonderful memories for me. Last year's sponsor for this challenge was DeNami Design. I created  this card which caught Paulina's eye and then I was asked to join the design team. I was so honored and it has been an amazing year designing with them. Anywho, back to today's card.
 
 
A couple of weeks ago, I shared a card that was inspired by the awesome Maile Belles. Today, I have another. When I saw this card (second from the top), I had to give it a try. I didn't attempt the embossing because what I wanted to replicate was the design. I used some PTI Aqua Mist patterned paper for my polka dots. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays, Exclamations.  You have until noon on Thursday to link up and play.
 
Tomorrow marks a big day for my little guy. He turns 2 years old. I can't believe how time has flown by!


7 comments:

  1. These are such great colors together! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cad, love Aqua Mist and the red together. Happy Birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo! and the simplicity of it all. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love the color combination and the bling!

    And Happy Birthday wishes to the best little nephew there is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A favorite color combo of mine, and such a great design. Love how you highlighted the polka dots with sequins! Hope your little guy had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment, color combo, bakers twine, use of sequins.... Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!