Sunday, July 14, 2013

DeNami Design Summer Splash Blog hop

Welcome to the DeNami Design Summer Splash blog hop. I hope you have been enjoying the fabulous DeNami inspiration. You should've arrive here from Katie Brook's blog If not, you can always head back to the  beginning for a full list of participants. 
 

When I started to create my card for the blog hop, I knew that I wanted to use my Surf Board Trio stamp. I was inspired by previous DT member, Kanani, and this card. I colored a few of the surf boards with my copics, cut them out and attached them with foam adhesive. The card base was impressed with my Sunshine impression plate. I added my sentiment Sending You Sunshine onto a piece of cardstock which I adhered to the card front.

 
 The next stop along the hop is my daughter, Leah, who will be turning 6 in August. She really could not wait to create her summer inspired card. She loves the Sand Castle  stamp and could not wait to ink it up with Hula chickie and Surfer chickie. She added Seashells and her sentiment Sending You Smiles Across the Miles. She colored everything in using some of her and my color pencils. She added in the blue wavy lines to represent the ocean waves. This card was created 100% by her. She refused any input from me. Gotta love that!
 
 
 
Your next stop along the hop is the talented, Amy Smidebush. She is always so clever and creative. I can't  wait to see what she has created.
 
Don't forget about the THREE gift certificates that will be given away! One gift certificate will go to a random participant and TWO gift certificates to TWO people who comment along the hop! You have until July 15, 2013 11:59pm PST to comment and be eligible.
 
Happy hopping!

33 comments:

  1. wow loved your daughters card so much, grt ideas and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb your surfboard card is simple and perfect. I wish I knew how to use one in real life. *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, I love that you placed the sentiment at the top of your card. It really stands out that way! And the seashells paired with the hula and surfer chickies make for a great scene with the sandcastle! Nice coloring job. I really hope you'll join us next month too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, your card is CAS awesomeness! I love the embossed background and the perfectly laid out scene. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, this has to be the best example of summer splash I've seen on this hop! The surfing chickie and hula chickie, well they're perfect for this fun sandcastle scene! The sea shells are the perfect final touch. Awesome coloring, great design and...now I want to go to the beach! Love your creativity...never stop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loe tour card. The surfboards are beautiful. Love those hula chickies and the sand castle. Very summerry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing projects! Your daughter did an excellent job!! I’m glad to be participating in this hop with you both!

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI Your link to Amy's blog goes to the denami website. maybe you can update the link?

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, your cards are really wonderful! I love Leah's sand castle scene! Deb, the dry embossed paper is so cool as are your surfboards. Your cards are always fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool surfboard card. Your daughter did an awesome job coloring her card. That's fun that you featured her card on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card ROCKS!!! Leah's card ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you did not critic your daughter's card. It is darling and you can tell she put her heart and soul into creating it. Perfect to send to Grandma or an Aunt, right? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. Leah you did a great job on your card keep creating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards made me smile---very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards just make me smile!!! I love all the surf boards...can you believe I don't own them...sigh. And your daughters card is so cute, love her attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the surf boards and your daughter's project as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the grand simplicity of the surfboard card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh--too much eye candy. I don't know which I prefer--yours or your daughters! They are both super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are so much fun Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely and simple beauty of your surf boards! Just sweet and adorable from Leah! So nice she joins with you in crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards. Especially loved the pink chickie on your daughters card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Deb, love hour surf board card and the texture background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Leah, I love the images you worked with for today's hop! They are perfect choices and I love your sentiment! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the surf boards!! Also love the surf board and hula chicks- they go great with the sandcastle and shells!!
    They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you colored the surfboards and Leah's card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a simple and very
    lovely card. Your daughters
    is cute also.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT card Deb, your swirly embossed background is perfect for your card! Fresh and summery I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Leah your summer card is VERY cute and it makes me happy! The purple hula chickie is my favorite part, she's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Deb and Leah, you both made great cards! Both are different but both say "summer"!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is fabulous, Deb! What a talented little girl you have--great summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. First, big apppologies for being late on my post. :( I am so sorry!

    I love your card, amazing texture and great CAS layout! Your daughter's is super cute too! I love her layout! My daughter loves crafting/stamping with me too (6 in Nov.) isn't it just the best!?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! You both did great jobs! I love what Leah came up with! Thanks, also, for the sweet compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!