Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Inspired by Barb

Hello friends! Today I have a card to share with you for this month's DeNami Inspired by
post. Today the DT and I are sharing our creations inspired by the lovely Barb Murphy. You can find her original card here.



Barb created this card when DeNami Design teamed up with Curtain Call. When I saw this card, it was love at first site...really! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to create a card that was inspired by this beauty.

 
Barb used some patterned papers for her creation. I knew immediately that I wanted to create my own using some DeNami stamps. For my background chevrons, I inked up Modern Borders in yellow across the entire cardbase. Yes, that's right! Even though I knew only a small portion was going to show through, I decided to do the whole cardbase, just in case (wink).
 
Then I inked up Solid Rose Accents in light pink in a random pattern and then followed up with stamping it in red right next to it. Then I added the leaf image in green. Lastly, for this panel. I used the same technique that Barb used inking up Teeny Heart Background in gray and wiping it off in a random pattern. I trimmed it on an angle and then used my ATG to adhere it.
 
I used my two way glue pen to adhere my doily and then trimmed it out. Then I used my tag die to diecut some white cardstock and graph paper. I glued them together since there isn't much weight to the graph paper. I inked up one of the butterflies from Fancy Flutters in red and coral onto the tag. I added some cream wrinkle ribbon with yellow and white twine and tied it in a bow. Then I inked up Decorative Love and trimmed out the banner. The final touch to this very layered and non-CAS card was using Crystal Laquer to adhere some Raspberry Pretty Pink Posh sequins.
 
I had such a fun time creating this card inspired by Barb's. It was totally out of my comfort zone but of course, it was as if Barb was holding my hand and leading the way. Be sure to stop by the DeNami blog to see what the rest of the design team has created.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I can't make perfectly CAS designs as well as you do and I don't see ANY comfort zone issues here! Your design is gorgeous. The stamped backgrounds are perfect...I would have stamped the whole bg too ;) Thank you for the things you said...you made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty Deb, love the way you reversed the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--you pretty much left me speechless with this gorgeous card, Deb! I really do have to get the Solid Rose Accents as soon as the budget allows! You always inspire me--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I love how you used so many fun DeNami stamps, it's seriously stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Deb, this is amazing! This creation may have been a trip outside your comfort zone, but the result is truly gorgeous. I love how you captured Barb's card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!