Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day, Marsha!

I am back today as promised. Yesterday I shared the card I gave my twin sister for Mother's Day. Today I am sharing the card I am giving my mother-in-law. As I mentioned before, I really like This week's CAS(E) this Sketch! #75.

 
 For my card, I started off using some PTI Soft Stone cardstock. I ran a scrap piece through my cuttlebug using Tag Sale #5. I inked up Mums the Word from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. I used the two smaller floral images in versamark on the tag, but they don't show well in the photo. Then I inked up the sentiment in Smokey Shadow. I trimmed off the top portion of the die and stitched it to the cardfront with my sewing machine. Lastly, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I also used another sentiment from Mums the Word for the inside of the card.
 
 
This card is for my mother-in-law, Marsha. She is truly an amazing woman. You see, when I was only 3 years old, I lost my father and grandfather. So I was raised by my mother and grandmother. In 2004, my mother lost a 3 year battle to ovarian cancer and in 2006, my grandmother passed away due to complications from pneumonia. So my husband's parents are the only living parents I have. The love and support they showed me through the loss of my family was nothing short of amazing.
 
They have always lived about 30 minutes from us. After the birth of our daughter, they came to visit us almost every Saturday. Leah turns 7 this summer, so that adds up to a lot of Saturdays! You would think by now that they would've worn out their welcome. But quite the contrary. My mother-in-law has always lent a hand to help watch the kids or pick up lost toys around the house. She has listened to me and encouraged me through situations at work. Despite major shoulder surgery last year, she still continued to do what she always did. Almost 2 years ago, my in-laws moved about 5 minutes away. And now that my mother-in-law is retired, she has us come over once a week for dinner. A welcome break to my weekday cooking!
 
My mother-in-law has made me feel so welcome and a part of the family, just as if I was her own daughter. Marsha, thank you for being an incredible mother to me and your son and an incredible grandmother to your grandchildren. We are blessed beyond measure!
 
I love you, Mom!


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card for Marsha Deb, she sounds like a wonderful lady!! Happy Mother's day to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card for your mother-in-law. I am sure she feels blessed to have you as her daughter too! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Happy Mother's Day, dearie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card, Deb! Your MIL sounds like a gem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!