Saturday, July 26, 2014

Congrats!

Hello friends! I hope you are all well. I know the blog has been quiet. Two weeks ago, I actually worked some overtime. And last week, we took a family vacation. I have been busy in the craftroom working on decorations and favors for my kiddos birthday party that will take place in 2 weeks. I have also had some tests done for the palpitations that I have been experiencing. I have my stress test on Monday, and I will be following up with the cardiologist in 2 weeks to go over everything.



 

So now that you are caught up on what's happening with little ole' me, I have a card to share with you. I cleared away the yards of felt off my desk to create a sweet little baby shower card for a friend of mine. I combined a few challenges to create my card and matching tag. I used the current challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch! and the current and last challenge for 2014 over at CAS-ual Fridays. 
 
I inked up Lawn Fawn Plus One and did some paper piecing. This stamp set is dear to me since I used my winnings from my first challenge win over at CAS-ual Fridays to buy it. I also used it for my first guest design spot at well. I used Stitched Borders from Pretty Pink Posh along with some 6mm and 4mm clear sequins. I used clear sequins to mimic raindrops. And lastly, I added some Lawn Fawn twine for my bow. So if you haven't figured it out, I am playing along with the far right column: sequins, emboss and twine.
 
 
 
 
That is all I have to share for now. It's back to my sewing machine and felt. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend!


15 comments:

  1. Deb,
    I hope you get some good news from the Cardiologist. That is scary!! I love your card. I like the fun way you did curve on the side and stamped that adorable umbrella on patterned paper. Fabulous take on the challenges. Have fun with your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so sweet! Sorry to hear you have been unwell...hope that they can get to the bottom of it for you! Thank you for joining us at Case this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your appointment goes well & it's nothing serious!! Make sure to let us know how everything goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely fabulous! Hope you'll be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deb! OOOh, your take on the card is a very creative one. I would have never thought to use a die to create the pattern down one side of the card stock and the fact that is curved is genius. I love your umbrella and twine. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, this is pure gorgeousness! I love your sweet umbrella! :-) I hope your tests didn't find anything serious. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable baby shower card! Pinned this one, your sequins are perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love this take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just reread your post, Deb, and I forgot to mention that I am praying for you regarding your palpitations, tests & cardiologist appointment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everything is fine and dandy with you! I have a mitrovalve prolapse that is controlled with medication.

    Your card is totally adorbs! I bet your party favors and decorations are going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you get good news from the Doc! I love your card - so CAS but that umbrella adds such a fun element to it -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!