Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pages with Papertrey, sketch challenge #2

So this month's Pages with Papertrey sketch challenge was designed by Leigh Penner, herself, over at Life to the full. This is a great sketch and I had fun working with it.



Here is my take on the sketch:


As my previous post mentioned, I am working on my daughter's school album. I rotated the sketch counter clockwise. Because of the number of images I was trying to get on my page, my photos run from one edge of the paper to the other. In place of the border strip, I decided to "use" the red margin from my school page pattern paper. I also included an additonal photo where the title goes. All of the elements are from the Becky Higgins School expansion kit except the blue strips. It's a little hard to see in the photo but they are actually hand made washii tape strips. It was a technique that I learned from Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge.



4 comments:

  1. Nice interpretation of challenge, Love the picture of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on my sketch, Deb! Thanks so much for playing along!
    I really, really love your layout-- it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and a great sketch.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!