Sunday, October 9, 2011

Make it Monday, #35

Today I have a card to share with you using this week's Make it Monday technique over at Papertrey Ink. The challenge was to make your own custom stamped washi tape. Nichole's card was gorgeous!!!! I desperately wanted to make a card similar to hers, however, I needed to create a birthday card for a boy who is turning 6 in my daughter's class. I used this card for my sketch and I decided to use a frog embellishment I had already sitting in my stash as the focal point. I used my Create a Critter cartridge to cut him out of Simply Chartruese, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist cardstock. The patterned paper is from Pretty Pastels. Unfortunately this card only has one piece of handmade washi tape (frown). Since I only have 1/4in scor tape, I used my Martha Stewart tissue tape that was 1/2in wide. It is a very similar type of double-sided tape that tears easily. I used light blue tissue paper that I had that matched Aqua Mist perfectly! Instead of stamping a background stamp to make my own pattern, I stamped the sentiment for the card in Simply Chartruese ink.

I am thrilled about learning this new technique since I currently only have one roll of washi tape in green. Now I will be able to create it in many beautiful colors and patterns and I cannot wait to add them to more cards and scrapbook pages.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that little critter is adorable!! Great job with the MIM technique, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that little guy.....so adorable!!! Great idea to put your sentiment on the homemade Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for a little boy. I love those frog eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!