Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DeNami Design meets Craft Dash

Hello friends! Today I have a card to share with you for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash over at Pretty Pink Posh. The sponsor for this challenge is DeNami Design. Several of the design team gals  and I are playing along.
 
The winner of this challenge will win a $20 gift certificate.
 



For my card, I was inspired by the challenge logo. I inked up Stitched border and Happy Birthday (cling). Then I die cut my cardstock banners, and attached them to the card front. Lastly I inked up Small Solid Hibiscus and fussy cut it. Even though I have a silhouette cut file I created, I was just too lazy to look for one that was already cut. I attached it with some foam tape. The time it took me to complete my card was 9 minutes and 39 seconds. It would've been less if I didn't have to re-score my card and re-stamp my border. Oh well. The fun part about this challenge was that I created my card alongside my 5 year old daughter, Leah. It was a riot to see us trying to share our materials across 2 different craft tables.
 

 
Leah  used the same Happy Birthday sentiment and Stitched Border. She also inked up Fairy Princess chickie, Ballerina chickie, Girl chickie, and Princess Castle and colored them in with colored pencils. She also inked up Double Note. She finished her card in 9 minutes exactly.
 
 
The 10 Minute Craft Dash is a huge challenge for me. Even though I create CAS cards, I think I tend to be a bit too analytic. Even my daughter reminds me how she can create quickly because she just goes with the flow. I love learning from her. I hope you find some time to play along this week.

10 comments:

  1. Cute Craft Dash card Deb and under 10! That hibiscus has to be one of my fav DeNami images. Leah's card is so fun, tell her she just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect CAS card for the dash Deb, LOVE it! Leah did an awesome job, love her girly princess theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is the epitome of CAS and perfect for the 10 minute dash Deb. And I think we could all use a lesson from your daughter...she's apparently got it all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable! You are perfect for this challenge! Leah is just too cute! Love her sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb! So sorry I couldn't get around to comment yesterday--we're trying to wrap up the school year and everything is happening at once. Everyone's Craft Dash creations are SO wonderful!!

    I just LOVE your gorgeous CAS creation(love your little banners!), and Leah's card is absolutely adorable! My 10YO son has been really into cardmaking with me recently, so I can totally relate to your learning from your daughter. My son has been teaching me a thing or two, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Deb & Leah!!! So glad you could join in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - hope you stop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i LOVE this! your card is so clean and beautiful, and your daughter really knocked it out of the park!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely! I love how you used Paulina's image as your inspiration, it looks great! And your daughter did a great job! So glad to have you with us at the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always create such sweet cards and this one is no exception, Deb. Love how you were inspired by the graphic- your interpretation is perfect!

    So happy you could play along, Leah! I always love seeing what you create- you always make super cute card. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!