Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A day to remember and a birthday wish

For us Americans, today marks the 12th anniversary of the collapse of the World Trade Centers. In talking with my co-workers yesterday, we remember exactly what we were doing when the day's events unfolded. Our prayers are with all of those whose lives were affected.

Today is also my husband's birthday. Happy Birthday, Andy! I made him a card to celebrate his special day. My hubby is an accountant by day and a musician by night. He plays several string instruments and can rock out on the drums too. When I saw the DeNami fall release this year, I just knew that I had to have that Rock Band Chickie stamp along with the You Rock! sentiment.


I created my card to play along with the current Retro Sketches challenge.  Life gets so busy, that I hardly have a chance to play along with challenges. So happy to have created a card with a current challenge and not just because I found a great sketch. lol! I used some CAS-ual Fridays paper by Gina K. Designs, the black button is from my Halloween boutique pack and some Denim twine from the Twinery.

Since my DeNami cardstock is scored on the left, I used my exacto knife to cut an opening to pull my twine through. And for some reason, the tension keeps pulling that button to the side. Oh well. I don't think my hubby will mind.

 
Stay tuned to the blog for my second post today for DeNami's product spotlight. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I think we all will remember where we were! It's a moment in time that stopped and changed our lives forever! Tomorrow is my DH b-day.

    Your card is just adorable and perfect for Andy! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! The happiest of birthday wishes and blessings to your hubby Deb! Perfect card for him.

    This is a day that will be in our hearts forever. May God bless the souls of those who lost their lives that tragic day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband. It's my birthday too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable Deb! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally awesome...saw your card at Retrosketches. How cool!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that stamp - it made me laugh...so cute! Fabulous take on the sketch...I'm sure your hubbie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card for your hubby. I can relate to the beginning of your post about where you were on 9/11. I still remember--my DH called me as I was getting my daughter ready for school. I feel like it's been forever since I visited your blog. Nice to see what you have been up to, and I hope your DH had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!