Saturday, February 4, 2012

Three Amigos


"My little buttercup....." Yes, that's right. This week over at CAS-ual Fridays, the challenge is to make a card inspired by a movie. Well, my husband is the movie guru, and when I told him about this challenge, he must've named 15 movies flat: Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back to the Future... I told him, "Honey, I don't have any snakes, spaceships or time travel stamps." I decided to flip through my Graphically Speaking cartridge and wouldn't you know it, 3 Amigos is a cut out phrase *insert happy dance*. So he pulled out the DVD. After a few minutes, I decided that I would create my card based on the clothing that the 3 Amigos wore.


For my card, I created some ruffled layers out of tissue paper using my Boy Basics: Circles die. I did this to mimic their white "blouses". The pure poppy saddle stitch ribbon represents their cumberbun and "tie". I die cut the sentiment in black, attached it with foam adhesive and finished it off with some bling to represent the rest of their attire.



21 comments:

  1. GREAT post, Deb! You make this comedy inspired card such a beautiful and sexy one!The blouse-inspired scallops are brilliant! Lots of thoughts and planning went into this lovely design!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Always a delight to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Virginia said. What great thought and design! I loved seeing your older posts as well; beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! Wonderful and amazing card! i love the big ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole post was hilarious! Love the ruffled bottom, and the bright red ribbon! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Love all of the elements of their clothing you were able to represent! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun choice of movie....and I like the ruffles on the card and the big 3 Amigos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Deb!! The tissue paper scallops are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, Deb!! The tissue paper scallops are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya did it again!! Another WOW card :) This is super awesome!! And I love that movie :) Always a pleasure to have you join us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so awesome...I love the thought you put into it....it really is stunning, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, this is just down right hilarious. And I love how you sought out hubs for your movie to be inspired by. Oh, how I am NOT surprised!

    Anyway, your card is genius. Pure genius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card. You really captured the visuals of that movie picture. I like how you cut out the 3 Amigos. And, your ruffles are super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed this one the first time. Such a fun card based on this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL That is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen and I love your take on it for the challenge - BRILLIANT in every way!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha! CUTE!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. eek! you are on some kind of a roll!! congrats on your 2nd CAS-ual Fridays win :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic!! Congrats on your well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you the singing bush?! Congrats on your win--love 3 Amigos!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is great! Love the scallops on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!