Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pages with Papertrey

Yesterday was so much fun with  PTI's February blog hop. Fabulous inspiration, I tell ya. I had a blast!

The blog hop means that the month is almost over. Yikes, already? Leigh over at to the full gave us our Pages with Papertrey challenge to create our own background paper at the beginning of the month. I have had my pictures with some paper on my larger craft table since the 7th. Yes, I am admitting that I tried to start my layout that long ago. I am actually pretty thankful that the busyness of Valentine's Day made me put this project on hold. You see, when I went to work on it again and moved some things around on my page, I discovered that my new Spring Moss premium dye ink actually changed colors!!! It was now Neon Green. Really!! I couldn't believe it!! I am so glad that I waited to work on this page since Neon Green doesn't quite work with my page ;)

So I broke out my old Spring Moss pigment ink and inked up my Houndstooth to create my patterned paper for my border strip. As dry as it is, I still managed to get some decent coverage. That strip started off much larger, but after adhering a sticker border from my kit and then not liking it, I trimmed it off. I am also glad that I waited to work on this page, because I was able to use my new Studio Calico cloud image which was a perfect addition to the page.

The papers are from the Becky Higgins Sweet Baby kit except the ivory. The orange is rather bright, but I managed to tone is down by adding some Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink all over it. I am happy with the results and will probably do this to the remaining orange papers from the kit. To help anchor the circle title, I added a portion of Tag sale #3. I stamped Library Ledger in Antique Linen and added some Grunge Me circles. Love that tiny little tag! I used PTI's alpha block die for the second half of the title.

The photos are of my son, Joshua, surrounded by the gifts given to us by my co-workers. My daughter helped me pile them up around him. Some of the clothes are propped up on boxes of diapers that we received. I wish I had a video to share of her carrying them over to her brother. I couldn't believe she actually carried those boxes! Joshua was not quite 3 months old at the time.

12 comments:

  1. Deb, such a sweet layout! Great colors! ...btw,have you found out why the spring moss ink turned neon green? I've ordered mine just this release :) thanks for the heads up on that. Oh, i also leave my just-started pages alone for quite a bit, sometimes daily life gets in the way of scrapping haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO Deb! I love the clouds and the sweet colors. I'm glad to be warned about the Spring Moss new ink...I still have the very first formula and have never had a problem with it, so I think I'll just stick to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet layout. Your son is darling. I have the new spring moss ink, and have not had a problem (yet, that I know of). I hope you can get yours replaced. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout Deb, the colours and your embellishments are just fantastic. I would send a note to customer service about your ink pad, I am sure they would replace it. I haven't had any trouble with mine. Have a peek over at my blog today as there is a little surprise for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Deb! What a great idea to take a photo of your son with the gifts! And great job with the challenge-- thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I have something for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a beautiful layout. Love the color and pattern. Your baby is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous layout. Love the embellishments and the colors. Those pictures are so cute. Creative to take one with the gifts. Love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with the Studio Calico stamps. Adorable photos, and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is just gorgeous and what a sweet baby:) I also love your button card, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. my spring moss ink changes too... weird! but that is not why I am stopping by! Such sweet layouts. So clean and well balanced.

    Also - wanted to let you know, I chose you and your blog as one of my most inspiring :-) Details on my blog - thank you for your constant inspiration :-)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea for a layout...wish I had done it when I had my baby shower. I love all the different patterns and especially those cute clouds. Oh, and what a beautiful baby! He's darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!