Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall banner

Now that November has sneaked up on us, I have finally put together my Fall banner. I purchased Boxy Banner dies with the intention to make Birthday banners for my kiddos as well as the holidays. So, although Halloween came and went without a banner, I have created a banner that can hang for the entire autumn season.



I used Dark Chocolate cardstock for the base and the patterned paper is from Pretty Pastels. I die cut Summer Sunrise carstock with the Banner Borders die and used my Cricut to die cut the letters from my Alphalicious cartridge. I had a few attempts at adding some leaves from my Turning a New Leaf die, but I just wasn't liking it. As it turns out, my leaf garland that I picked up at Joanns for 70% would've hidden them any way.



This picture ledge hangs on the wall between our foyer and living room. Our son, who will be 4 months old very soon, will eventually have his photos up along side his sister's. Just in case your are wondering, her ages from left to right: 7 months, 17 months, 3 years and the cut off photo 2 years.

6 comments:

  1. What a festive banner. And such a little cutie sitting right on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great banner, Deb! And your daughter is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful banner! I love the elegance of your fall decor - and yes, love the pics of your daughter - adorable! And 4 months old! I miss having a baby that tiny in the house - my youngest just turned 18 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant ! I love that you kept it simple and that you elongated it with the leaves above it. Wow! its just beautiful! Great job, Deb! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I menat to say how adorable your children are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful banner with the garland of leaves. Cute pics of your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!