Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day of remembrance and a day to celebrate

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the World Trade Center tragedy. A day where many of us remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when the day's events unfolded. My husband was in his office, clearing confetti off of his desk. It was also his 24th birthday. Our prayers go out to everyone whose lives were touched that day and a birthday wish to my husband.

I thought it would be fitting to post the card I made for him today. He is an accountant by day and a musician by night. I could not wait to get my hands on this darling little $5 stamp set from Papertrey Ink, Boy Basics: Rock On. I love, love the little guitar image and die. The card base is Smokey Shadow and I used Grunge Me to stamp the background. I stamped the sentiment on vellum (oops it smudged in several places) and used my tiny attacher to secure it in place. I tried to stamp over the smudges in the left lower corner with the splatter image...more smudges. After watching a tutorial by Nichol Magouirk a couple days after making my card, I realized that I had used the wrong ink on vellum. Lesson learned. Anyway, I still like the card despite the smudges. Good thing I was going for the grunge look (wink, wink).




I popped the little guitar up on foam adhesive to give it dimension and embossed it with clear embossing powder.




Happy Birthday Andy!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband. This is such a great card, combining those two sets. I just bought Rock On and was thinking of using it for my nephew's birthday. I think I'll pin this card, and start with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, deb! I love the colours you used the the rock & roll fell of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog!
    And from one 9/11'er to another...
    Happy Birthday to your hubby.
    It was my 31st...and I was dropping kiddies at preschool and then fell asleep waiting for work and the "surprise" chocolate cake from the girls in the office that I was actually planning to have for breakfast :)
    A fabby card...
    love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-Day BIL! You truly ROCK! Hugs!

    Sis, I love your new blog. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love your colors.
    Welcome to the blog world.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masculine card!! I really like how you layered the stamps and the color choice was perfect too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!