Monday, December 26, 2011

December PTI blog hop...plus more


It's that time of month again, Papertrey Ink's blog hop. This month is the "Traditional Holiday leftovers" challenge:

 " use wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, tags, canceled postage from holiday cards you have received, photos from holiday cards and anything else you might have laying around after the
holiday preparations have ended. "

I used a gift bag that once held an ornament that I received from an ornament exchange.


I hand cut some of the presents out and adhered them to some kraft cardstock to give them some sturdiness and cut them again. Once I added the kraft gift tag with bakers twine to the main present, I realized that my card could play along with CAS-ual Fridays.



 Then I layered them onto the card front of Spring Moss which I had run through my Linen/canvas impression plate. I finished it off with a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock that I also added some more bakers twine with a bow.


After taking a final look at my card, I had another realization. These are the fun holiday colors over at the ColourQ Challenge and Play Date Cafe.





Here is another close up. Thanks for looking!

30 comments:

  1. So smart and creative! Love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I would never know that the gifts were from that bag. You did a great job of using your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling bag, and and even more darling card! You did a gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really aced the challenge--those boxes are really cute (and wow, what a cutting job!) and your other additions are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your card and your inspiration. You did such a great job of cutting the presents and crating a whole new look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great use of the gift bag, love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant use of the gift back. Beautiful results

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is PERFECT! You did an amazing job on this card, it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clean/graphic look. Some great cutting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inventive idea! Love the textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, Girl! Three challenges in one. Such an adorable card, too! I love the packages "all tied up with string". Beauitful job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super CUTE with the gifts on the Thank you card! LOVE the added twine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card. Great use of your leftovers. The layout is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a-maz-ing! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Q.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so adorable...LOVE those little packages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great use of that bag. Your card is so sweet. And, congratulations to you for being able to enter 4 challenges with it. You have been rocking the challenges lately with all your beautiful creations, so I expect you have 4 winners here with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is too fun! Love how you used the presents from the gift bag on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is SO cute! The end result is so much more attractive than the starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, fabulous job, and way to combine all those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card. Love what you have done with it - great job!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deb, this is fantastic! I saw your card in the thumbnails yesterday and thought it was cute. Now that I look closer I realise that it is also super-clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome idea! I've got tons of these bags that I could repurpose! Thanks for the great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fabulously creative! I love it, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun ensemble! I like the added twine to the present on the gift bag.

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, beautiful and creative card! TFS and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really fun project! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, this is awesome. Love the bright presents on that kraft. It's so clean and beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe and CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely brilliant! Great take on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!