Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An ocean, really?

I have another card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays.



When I first started to play along, I intended to make a card for my cousin's 55th birthday. It is a Hawaiian theme party and wouldn't you know it, I do not own a single beach themed stamp. The images from my Create a Critter cartridge, hmmm, a little too juvenile, don't ya think? So how do I create a masculine, Hawaiian card? Well, it is a bit of a stretch, but here goes:

I created blue scallops out of tissue paper to mimic the ocean. I chose kraft to represent the sand. Finally, a yellow button to represent the sun. TFL!


8 comments:

  1. Totally works and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You are one creative lady. Love your ideas. the tissue paper looks great with the contrast of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Hawaiian. And, a wonderful birthday card. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb I love this!! I love how CAS it is and how those colors just pop on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to go to the Caribbean NOW ( I live in the COLD great white north--wahhhaaha). LOVE love your card, Deb! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Always a delight to see your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is wonderful, Deb! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can smell the salt in the air and feel the breeze in my hair. ;) Cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!