Friday, February 3, 2012

ColourQ #122

Yay, it's Friday! It's been a busy week for me at work and I am thrilled to have today off. What a blessing! I am hanging out at home with my little man. He has an appointment today with his surgeon to make sure that he has healed from his surgery which was 2 weeks ago. It's amazing how time flies and he has done remarkably well.

Last night I started working on my card for this week's ColourQ challenge. I saw this card by Debby Hughes and knew I had to CASE it! I absolutely love this week's colors, but I struggled to make it appear the way I had envisioned. The reason why is because the red and pink don't allow for much contrast. That small pink houndstooth banner used to be a strip of cardstock that ran down the right side of the card. But then all of the other elements seemed to get lost in front of it. Oh well. I still loved her design, so here is my card.




11 comments:

  1. Love this card. You did a great job with the red and the pink. I also struggle with this combination. It's hard to make them work together, but you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great take on the challenge. using the red heart as an accent workds well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an easy color combo, but your card turned out super sweetly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, this is CAS perfection. Lovely job! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just cant work with red and pink but you did a fab job, love this sweet little card

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!! love all of your entries this week!! thanks for playing along again with the CQC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, Deb! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another awesome CAS card Deb. Gorgeous and yes once again CASEable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I don't think the elements are lost in front of the houndstooth! I love the simplicity of your card. The heart really stands out! Thanks for joining us at colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so sweet! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is perfect! I love the way the houndstooth pattern stands out against the kraft, and it draws your eye right to the heart and sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!