Monday, January 16, 2017

Front porch project

Happy New Year friends! Today I am popping in with another quick sewing project. 

 
 
Despite my love for sewing and creating projects, I don't consider myself and expert seamstress. When Andy and I bought this chair and table set for the front porch years ago, I was NEVER a fan of the print. I mean, NEVER. But I put up with it for several years. Last week I decided to finally recover them. Since I wanted a quick project, I decided to skip including a zipper in the final project and slip stitch it close.


I am no expert in slip stitching, and to be honest, I kind of make it up as I go along. And that is exactly what I did for this project. I measured my cushions and trimmed out the pieces. I pinned some pieces together to figure out how I could create and box pillow to leave myself an opening in the back to slip stitch it close.

After turning it right side out, I had a moment of panic when I realized I had to squeeze the larger front end through the smaller back opening. But the cushion was forgiving as I almost folded it in half and pushed and pushed and squeezed it in. Whew!

 
So for less than $12, I recovered these cushions and I can happily enjoy my front porch.


 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Great job sis! I can't wait to sit on that front porch with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!