Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays, Embossing

Hello friends! This morning I have a card to share for CAS-ual Fridays. The challenge this week is to create a clean and simple project using embossing: dry or heat.


The winner of this week's challenge will win a $25 gift certificate to SimonSaysStamp. They will also win the spot of guest designer next month.
 
 
For my card, I created embossed scoring lines using my Martha Stewart score board. I used the triangle piece that comes with it to help create the angle. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics. I think I use this stamp the most in this set. It is hard to see the score lines in this photo. You won't believe how many I had to take to finally get the right angle for these to show up and they are still somewhat hard to see.
 
 
 
After stamping many rainbows of sentiments on the cardfront, I trimmed it out using my long rectangle nestability. Then I added some banners and another piece of white cardstock that was impressed using my PTI Linen/canvas IP. The cardbase was impressed using the other side. The sketch for my card is the very first sketch from Retro Sketches. Don't forget that you have until noon on Thursday to link up and play!
 
 
 
I am also entering this card into the Moxie Fab challenge: The Focal Point.
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Deb that scoring is over the top amazing! Wow. That is the sentiment from that set I use the most too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card!!! I like The colorful Works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly phone... Works = words. My phone changed the wording

      Delete
  3. Super card!!! I like The colorful Works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card!!! I like The colorful Works

    ReplyDelete
  5. The diagonal lines with the rainbow of sentiments is SO creative - love the look on top off all of that white!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!