Sunday, November 30, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hello friends! I hope you are all well and enjoyed your Thanksgiving feast. We certainly enjoyed ours. This last month has been busy for me. I started another per diem job. With two per diem jobs, I am now working full time. My new job has longer hours which means I don't get home until after dinner. That means I have been busy searching/making crock pot meals and frozen meals so my family can start dinner without me or my help. After a month of these new changes, we are slowly developing our new normal. Thanks so much to my in-laws who have been tremendously helpful in this process. Without them, we would not be able to adjust to this change.

Last weekend, Leah and I spent a little time in my craftroom. We managed to finish up our cards today to play along with the DeNami sketch challenge. There has been some technical difficulties with the challenge, so it is extended one more week. I am so excited to have made my first Christmas card for this season. Yay! Unfortunately, I have a long way to go until they are done. I kept it pretty CAS, just like I did for the last card that I made.

  
I inked up Elegant Holly (cling) and fussy cut the images and I used Merry Christmas for my sentiment. I used my Circle Interlock embossing folder on the center panel to add some texture.

 
Leah also made a Christmas card (for me). She used the same sentiment and inked up Hearts Stamp set. For her side panel, she wanted to create a candy cane feeling using score tap and some Ruby Red glitter. She laid down the adhesive, trimmed it up and added her glitter. So proud of her. The only thing I helped her with was cutting out her panels. She adhered everything down.

Here is the awesome sketch. It was so fun to work with.



Well, this is a short post since I've got to get back to meal prep for tomorrow. Have a great week!
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb it sounds like you have one very busy schedule! Working full time and longer hours is tough but I am really happy to hear you are starting to find your new normal. Cute cute card and I have a long way to go to finish my Christmas cards this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the white space Deb, this is wonderful! And Leah must LOVE Christmas with all of those cute hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!