Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Poppy sketch challenge #8

Hello friends. I hope your week is starting off well. I have two cards to share, but before I do, I wanted to give a quick little personal update. Last week I mentioned that I was having palpitations and went to the ER. Unfortunately, I am still feeling the same. I have some appointments scheduled and hope to have some tests done to find some answers. Meanwhile, I am trying to take it easy which is hard for me because I am always on the move. Sigh.
 
So today's cards are based on the current Poppy Sketch challenge.
 
I received some new goodies in the mail on Monday and was able to quickly put these cards together. I used  Label Love from Altenew and Faux Veneer. The first card plays along with the sketch and color. I didn't "prep" the stamps by rubbing them with an eraser. That may or may not have helped with the blotchiness of some of the inks. Thank goodness I am not a perfectionist!
 
 
I decided to create a second card using red, blue and yellow for my son, Joshua. I can't believe he will be turning 3 in 5 days! I chose these colors because he will be having a joint Super Hero birthday party with his older sister in about a month.
 
 
That's all I have for you today. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Very cute pair of cards Deb, love the colors!! I sure hope they find the root of the problem for you. I'll be SURE to keep you in my prayers ~ HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both colors in your card design. Thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Deb! Love those stamps!! They are totally on my wish list! I hope everything goes okay at your appointments. I'll be thinking about you! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use those stamps, Deb! Great design! Take care of yourself--hard with little ones, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb, so sorry to hear of your health issues. I hope you can get to the bottom of it soon!! Hugs and prayers for you : ) Love your pair of cards, and the pseudo flag design you created with the stars and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday design! Love the take on the sketch! Best wishes at your appts! Thanks for playing along at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!
    Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great designs! Love the clean, graphic style. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what cute cards..love your stamping!
    Thanks for playing with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!