Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday CAS-ual Fridays!!!

That's right! We are celebrating CAS-ual Fridays 2nd birthday. This awesome blog has been around for two wonderful years.
 
 There are so many things that I have to be thankful for this blog. I remember posting my first card to this challenge blog. I had an unused stamped die cut sitting on my table and I needed a thank you card that was mailable. My card came together so easy and then the light bulb went off...I love to create clean and simple cards!!!
 
The second reason I am thankful for this blog is that Michele offered me my first design team opportunity a year ago. Gosh, have I really been on this awesome team for a whole year? The time has simply flown by, I can hardly believe it.
 
So this week's challenge celebrates the top 10 challenges of CAS-ual Fridays. The challenge is a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, which was also one of the top 10 challenges. You can create a clean a simple project by simply using a row for your inspiration.

        

 
We have some super exciting prizes for the winners of this 2 week challenge. Ellen Hutson is giving away a $25 gift certificate to this week's winner as well as $15 gift certificates to the 4 VIPs.

 
And not only that, but CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is giving each of the top 5 contenders a gift stamp set as well. If  you don't participate in this 2 week challenge, you've got to be crazy!


For my card, I chose the diagonal line of Birthday, Bling, & Punches/dies. You can never have enough birthday cards on hand, right? I used the birthday sentiment from Casual Elegance. Then I used my Silhouette to die cut the speech bubbles from the Silhouette store (Design #29232). I used the offset feature and flipped them. I finished it off with some rhinestones and popped up the sentiment bubble with foam adhesive.


So, I hope that you find some time to create more than one project from our Tic-Tac-Toe board. You have until midnight on Wednesday, May 15th to link up and play along. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Striking and trendy!! Love this, Deb! You are rocking this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and soooo cute, Deb! Love that the upper speach bubble is kind of overhanging.. this adds sooo much interest and makes for a perfectly clean and simple card! Love it!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pop of colors on the kraft base. This card is pure CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable. I am really loving the speech bubble trendy, and your card just shows me one more way to use them. Love that the one on top is just floating away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Love the addition of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfectly designed card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!