Friday, March 29, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays, Happy Easter!


Hi friends! Easter is just around the corner. Are you ready? Have you been busy dyeing eggs or filling plastic ones with candy? That is what my kiddos will be doing this weekend. Fingers crossed that the spills will be kept to a minimum. One can hope, right?

 
Well today's project is for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Create a clean and simple Easter project and it cannot be a card. This week's sponsor is Timeless Twine. The winner of this week's challenge will win an awesome prize package.
 
For my project, I chose to use a free cut file from Jin Yong's Under a Cherry Tree. It is her Pâtisserie Box and I absolutely love it. This file happens to be the very first thing I ever cut with my Silhouette. The assembly is such a breeze and does not even require any adhesive. The inked up Flower Bloom from DeNami Design. I created my own cut file in my Silhouette studio so I did not have to fussy cut it. Love that! You will be seeing more of this flower on the blog in the distant future. I colored it in with copics and attached it to the box. I added some cardstock that was impressed with Papertrey Ink's linen/canvas plate for the grass. The sentiment is also from Papertrey Ink.
 
And are you wondering what treat may be inside?
 
 
A delicious Cadbury egg, of course!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! You have until noon on Thursday to link up and play. I hope you have a blessed Easter holiday!
 


8 comments:

  1. The box is so adorable...I'm going to have to check it out! I love the flower and that you created your own cut file (cool!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet and simple little box with a yummy treat inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful inspiration, thanks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable! Your flower really pops on that bright white box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and pretty! Love your box, Deb!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute and sweet!! adorable little box, Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!