Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pages with Papertrey Challenge 11/1/11 and sketch

This month the challenge for Pages with Papertrey over at the PTI forums it to embellish a sticker with PTI goodness. A rather simple task, unless you are working on something more masculine (in my opinion).

Here is the mid month sketch challenge that Leigh put out for us. She does a fabulous job with these sketches. I rotated mine and did a mirror image. I ended up combining theses two challenges onto one layout.



I am using the Becky Higgins Sweet Baby kit for my son's baby album. I am rather thrilled that I have even started it since he is only 4 months old. Almost a month ago, we finalized his adoption, so I figured I would start with these pages of the kit.  The "baby" sticker from the kit I attached to the metal page clip, also from the kit. I die cut Simply Chartruese felt with my circle nestie and layered it behind it. I know that there is not a lot of embellishment going on with my sticker, but you can't really add flowers and tulle to this page.



I did blur out my son's last name where you see the space between his name and finalization date.



Here is the first part of the two page layout.


I did try to put my sticker embellishment on this page, but it just didn't work out. Please don't be too hard on me about not having my journaling card filled out yet. I will get to the journaling, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. These layouts are wonderful, Deb-- I just love your style!! Great job with the challenge! I hadn't thought about how difficult this would be for a masculine page... oh well, I guess that's why they call it a challenge. ;) Seriously, I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finalizing your son's adoption (is there a stamp for that?) What a wonderful scrapbook page you made to capture these memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the adoption of your son. What a beautiful family youe have. The pages are awesome. Love the flourish on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAzing layouts! Congrats on finalizing the adoption. So wonderful. Love that sweet baby. So cool he had to wear shades. Again, amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!