Friday, June 1, 2012

A bit of splatter

Happy Friday to everyone! It is the end of the work week for most. Lucky for me, I have today off from work. Last night, both kiddos were fast asleep by 8:10pm, which meant some extra craft time for me. So despite a short, but tiring work week, I found some creative energy to make today's card.

It's been a while since I've been able to participate in some challenges. One of the challenges over at Moxie Fab is splatter. Well, I have tried endless times with reinkers and mist and have failed miserably.  I have yet to try acrylic paint with a brush, but I will save that for another day. I decided to use my splatter stamp from PTIs Grunge Me. I am also submitting my card for this week's CASE study challenge. It is the last week for the talented Aga as the muse. I just love her stuff!

Aga's card



Here is my card

The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn's Bright Side paper pack. Love it! The doily is from Michaels. Thanks for looking!


18 comments:

  1. Your do splatter so well Deb, a really gorgeous card. The muted tones are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!! love the pattern paper and doily and splatters and everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Deb! I love using the Grunge Me stamps instead of misting-- perfect placement every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty. love the soft color and splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the splatters...you could never get that effect with paint or ink :0)
    Love the subtle touch of lace with the grunge too.
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I recognize those splatters! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb this is so pretty! I love the splatter and the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Deb, I loves me some quality splatter! Both cards are fabulous! The first one is my fave with the aqua flower. Mind you, the second is hot on its heels. The lace and grunge is a killer combo. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silly me. I thought the first was yours too. Now I know it's not... It's just okkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyyyy Hehee. The second one really rocks. God, I'm a fool. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how you used the splatter image! Lawn Fawn's papers are great, aren't they? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both look amazing and the splatter is great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!! I tried this challenge last night, and mine didn't turn out nearly as well! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card, Deb! I love how you used what I think of as a masculine stamp set and gave them a fun girly feel with the doily and soft colors! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the addition of the lace doily to the "grunge" style-very creative-and all packaged up in a clean and simple design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!