Monday, May 7, 2012

CASE Study challenge

I hope you had a fabulous weekend, friends. Today I have a card to share with you for this week's CASE Study challenge.  This month's muse is the super talented Agnieska Malyszek. We have a fabluous card for our inspiration.


I am so happy to participate in this challenge since my own personal challenge has been to create more cards using a color cardbase. Yay! Since I have a birthday coming up, I told my hubby not to buy me a card. So I have made my own. Perfect for me!




I used Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Newsprint. I heated embossed it in clear. I am not really sure why the black cardstock looks wonky. It really isn't that way in person. I die cut the numbers and attached them with foam adhesive. I used my hole puncher for the dots. And lastly, I added a single star. I know, by now, you have seen a lot of my stars lately, but I think it adds a little hooray to my card. And yes, I really am turning 37. It's hard for me to believe, but it's true. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Save this and send it to me next year! U think the star is your signature look, something you dobeautifully everytime. It looks different because you change up the colors and the way you use it. Hmmm...gonna try and find my signature look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card. From where I am right now, 37 sounds so young. I only had one of my two girls by the time I was 37. So funny that you made yourself a card. My husband came to me the day before my birthday and asked me to make a card for him to give to me for my birthday! Well, better than spending money at Hallmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really don't look 37 from your photo :) I can't wait till I reach my 30s.... can't wait to step into another stage of my life! I loveee the embossing on the black... loveeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding, I love this card SO much! I saw the little thumbnail on the CASE Study site and had to look at it in full size. I LOVE this so much! It is really well designed and the inspiration from the muse is clear but has your own spin on it, GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card Deb. I love that you created a card for you--I do the same in my house. You really nailed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you made your own birthday card! The embossing looks fantastic, and I love the colorful row of dots to ground the numbers. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, Deb!! Love your gorgeous inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect!!!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I thought about asking you to make one for yourself from me!!!!!

    My little dumplings will make you some, too.

    Happy Birthday, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, you do the whole CAS thing so well! I have really enjoyed perusing your blog and am super-impressed at how crisp and clean your designs are! Really great work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!