Monday, April 2, 2012

Play it loud...

...just like a Rock Star! Shout it out, just like a Rock Star!

Okay, okay. So I know that not everybody has heard this Rock Star song. If you are a parent of a preschooler, then you know exactly which song I am referring to: Nick Jr.'s Fresh Beat Band. This song is one of my daughter's favorites. Every time it comes on the television, she jumps up and starts singing and dancing. It really does have a catchy tune.

So today's card is entered into 2 challenges. The first is CAS-ual Fridays: Create a project based on a song. The second is my first CASE study challenge. The muse for March was the very talented Laura Bassen. Here is her card:


I chose the colors of my card based on Kiki's clothing from the Fresh Beat Band: Raspberry Fizz, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist and white.


I also glittered up my stars since the Rock Star jacket has lots of sparkle.




Of course, I show my daughter this card and she automatically thinks it's for her. Hmmm, she's probably right. Speaking of my daughter, I managed to make her Easter dress this weekend. I have started working on my son's romper. I am thinking that I may be able to snap some photos of them this Saturday wearing their Easter attire. Here is a sneak peek. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. I'm so in awe of your sewing! I had trouble making little stuffed monsters and let me tell you how easy they were :) Love the card, and I can relate! The only songs stuck in my head lately are from "the backyardigans" I'll have to translate one of them to card, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do not know the song, look for her. You card has been very sweet and clean. Greetings from Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter often thinks the cards I make are for her, too! Or if we're looking at patterned paper and it says things like: "delightful" or "sweet", she thinks I should buy it to make layouts for her! LOL!
    Great card, Deb! I love how you used the stars set! I don't know that song, but I have had lots of kid's songs stuck in my head over the years....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids got the Fresh Beat Band CD a few weeks ago and haven't stopped playing it since! They sing at the top of their lungs and dance all over the place (they're 4 and 6). So yeah, I know this song. ;) Love that you took your inspiration from it! The glitter and colors on your card are perfect--I might have to make one of these for my own little girl. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, love your color combo & gorgeous dress --can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the kiddie music ladies, I remember the days of Barney tunes. Now teenager music...What did they just say? Deb fabulous card, I love the glitter stars. Your dress sneak peak is awesome. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet card. love the color and stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card and I'm swooning over that dress! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your star filled card!!! LOVE the colors you chose...sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Those glitter stars are awesome. Love the peek of the dress. The fabric looks so springy. Can't wait to see the dress & romper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun to get inspiration from everywhere around you? Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb. Awesome card! I don't see an email on your site - I wondered if I should remind you about your Liebster Award. I made a comment directly on your March 19"Papertrey ..." post, but I haven't seen you add the award to your site. I know it's hard to pick five blogs to "pay it forward" and you may be working on that. I found it hard anyway; there are a lot of talented crafters out there! If you somhow missed the honor, you can go to my label "Liebster Award" (March 19)on my "labels" sidebar at djkardkreations.com. Your work continues to inspire and amaze me and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely darling! I don't have toddlers so I'm not familiar with the song or the show, but I have two grandsons who I'm sure will be exposing me to all kinds of things that I never knew existed!! Brilliant take on the challenge, Deb! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What COLORS!! Just lovely it! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We'll have to get both girls to shout it out. And then videotape it and put it on my blog. Hmm...maybe end of this month. ;)

    Madeline's top is made, and I should finish up her shorts tomorrow! We'll have to photograph the girls together again. So fun to sew together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!